LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Need urgent help...

Sir, A 110 kv line is getting newly installed through my house premises. Initially it was a single line set for domestic purpose only. It is a densely populated rural area. The Electicity Board authorities have got consent forms signed by the people living there. The people were unaware of the possible hazards of having such a 110 kvline in their house premises. They informed that electricity is to be passed in 7 days.

We now need to stay the installment.

1) What procedure we should adopt to stay it?

2) Will there be any difficulty as we signed the consent form?

3) Which suit is preferable? Civil suit or Writ petition?


 4 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     24 October 2011

once you have signed consent form it is biding upon you . electrcity is necessity . poles etc have to be instaklled so that you get power .court may not intervene as you signed consent form .


writ is better , consult a local lawyer


Maran9500028999 (Practising lawyer)     24 October 2011


do not panic, file an writ petition asking for stay, by saying the ignorance of the people, U will succeed

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     24 October 2011

Dear Vishnu,

File a writ of mandamus.  Unless you plead and prove fraud or misrepresentation or undue influence on the part of the electricity authorities, you cannot succeed.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     25 October 2011

Dear Vishnu

file a writ, no need to thinks others, you ill be succeed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register