LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

megha (i want information)     20 March 2011

Need Urgent help ....

i did second court register marriage but my question is that i didnot joined my divorce paper when i did second marriage so my second marriage legal or not ?

Learning

9 Replies

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     20 March 2011

Dear Miss Megha

You dont need to enclose your divirce paper at the time of your second marriage. You can call me at 09401803670 for further query.

(Guest)

@megha

Dont worry .You dont need to enclose divorce paper .

As per Gujarat marige registration act ,And also other stated act the same provoision"

Procedure for Registration of Marriage.-- (1) Every memorandum for registration of marriage shall be in the form specified in the Schedule to the Act and shall be delivered or sent along with an application in Form "I".

(2)    The memorandum shall be in duplicate, signed by the parties to the marriage, priest and two witnesses and accompanied by fees as prescribed in the Table and duly affixed by a court fee stamp or stamps of such value as may be prescribed by the State Government from time to time under the Bombay Stamp Act ,1958 ( Bom. LX of 1958)

(3)    The memorandum shall also be accompanied by the following documents namely: -

(a)       copy of the ration card or identity card, if any issued by the Election Commission of India or any other documents like passport or identity card issued by the employer etc. to the parties and the witnesses;

(b)       birth certificate or school leaving certificate of the parties;

(c)       marriage invitation card, if any:

7. Rectification of defects in memorandum or to send it to Registrar having jurisdiction. - (1) If any memorandum received by a Registrar under section 5 or section 6 is not accompanied by a duplicate thereof, or the appropriate fee or if the memorandum is defective in any respect, the Registrar shall require the parties to the marriage to furnish the duplicate or to pay the proper fee, or to rectify the defect, as the case may be, within such time as may be specified by him.

(2) If the Registrar receiving such memorandum has no jurisdiction to receive the same he shall send the memorandum to the Registrar having such jurisdiction and inform the persons who had sent or delivered the memorandum accordingly.

(3) If the Registrar receiving such memorandum has no jurisdiction but inadvertently files the same in the register maintained by him, he shall send a certified copy thereof together with the copy of endorsement of filing recorded thereon to the Registrar having jurisdiction for the purpose of filing and inform the persons who had sent or delivered the memorandum accordingly. He shall then make a suiTable endorsement on the memorandum indicating the action taken by him and for cancellation of registration from his register.

(4) The Registrar on receiving a certified copy of the memorandum under sub-rule (3) shall file it in the register maintained by him without levying anv additional fee and reoort the action taken bv him to the Reaistrar- General.

i need divorce from my second marriage becouse i cheated by second husband so please give me advice my second marriage is legal or not ? if legal then witch way i will get divorce .please i m in big problame .

(Guest)

Oh My God !:(

Marrige registration advise and now Divorce.;(

Better to explain your whole facts her .

About first marrige why divorce?

second marrige why you need to divorced cheated ?

i cant explane here but please tell me my second marriage is legal or not ? if legal then witch way i get divorce ..please try to understand .

(Guest)

Your second marriage is totally legal.

Now tell me why you need divorce as without reason i cant give a remedy  to you.

TELUGU SATYANARAYANA (ADVOCATE & TAX CONSULTANTS)     20 March 2011

pls give details of second marriage clearly! so that i i wish to reply the same

sir , i m from Gujarat and i m in big  problem  .i m explane every thing here and please give me good advice on that .
i did my first marriage mr vijaykumar in 2007 and its arrange marriage by my family in my cast.some time after family problem between us and we agree to give divorce .but we didn't go to court and just sing on stemp paper made by our lawyer{all document as low and by court } but out of court but as low and front of my and vijay's family members and one police officer at our home.during that time i struggling for divorce and akash meet me on internet.we hade good friendship thats why i share my problem with him .he give me moral support and one day he post me one later on another friends home and this later made by his lowyer and he told me to post diffrents place to take my first marriage;s divorce that after i got divorce by vijaykumar. so feel good for akash and following love with him ,he ready to marri with me and one day he call me and said to come at his city for do court marriage with him .i gone at his home and that day we go to court and his lawyer already ready our forms and i just give them my driving licence ,school leaving certificate and two pasportsize single of my photoes and one photo with akash thats it .i did just sing on parer whatever they told me .i didn't read any documents .before court marriage akash told me first we do court marriage and then you told to your family if they not agree for that i will give u divorce but after marriage he changeed and force me to live with him .he evryday call me and told me if i cant agree to live with him he will go to police and take action against me and my family.my family members dont know about my second marriage if they hear about it and gong to in tension thats why  i m feel fear and listen every thing whatever akash told me .he force me to call and text msg evry say on his mobile and if i try to avoid it he always say i have your court marriage prof and i will go to police against me and my family.
when i did court marriage with akash that time at court his lowyer didnt joined my first marriage's divorce paper and they know verry well i m divorcee.that time i dont know about low and just sing on paper .now i konw its important to join my first marriage's divorce paper .so i m cheated by akash and his lowyer . in this condition my second marriage is not illegal ? what is week point of this marriage and how can i come out from this problame ?
i cant want to live with akash in any condition and want to divorce from him . so how can it possible ?
what is in my benefit   to take divorce from akash ?
and i didnt joined any document of my first marriage's divorce so i m in problem ? if i m in problame then what is advice to solve this things .
please i have need all your lawyers and help me come out from this .
my email adress is : ragini_damor@yahoo.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register