LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanchit katyal   14 October 2016

Need urgent help !

Few days back, my bike was stole from my home. I registered a FIR with a nearest police station. Now the bike is recovered & is under the custody of police of another police station. After a lots of research i found that i have to submit an application u/s 457 of Crpc. But i don't know where i should submit it ? in the police station where FIR is registered or where my bike is found or somewhere else ?


 4 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     14 October 2016

Now the returned bike would have become case property. Hence u have to file a petition for return of property before the concerned magistrarte. The magistarte after being satisfied with ur identity and ownership documents would issue an order to return the bike to you, of course some conditions may be imposed like you have to produce the same whenever it is required etc.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     14 October 2016

You need to file petition with concerned magistrate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2016

Your own counsel will get it done for you.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     15 October 2016

You have to file before the Magistrate, where your case is pending.  After verificattion, by taking surity, the court gives the possession of the stolen vehicle to you with a rider that you should not sell it to anyone else or dispossess it till the case is disposed.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query