LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     25 April 2009

Need suggestions

A person was travelling by AC Bus of Uttar Pradesh Road Transport Corporation (UPRTC) & in the route due to leakage from AC inside the bus,his mobile and other belongings damaged.He wrote his complaint in the complaint register which was in the bus.After that several notices were served to the officers of the UPRTC for compensation but they gave no response to it.On the other hand, they are denying that they are not liable for such loss.

What is the remedy if he goes to the Consumer Forum?

Is there any judgement (with citation) of Consumer Forum on the same facts?

Learning

3 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     26 April 2009

Mr Yogesh !

The damage can be proved  !  Then you can file  Consumer Case and submit all the fatcts & prove your cae .Y ou have good case , you will get the coampensation .

With regartds !

A V Vishal (Advocate)     26 April 2009

"consumer" means any person who—

(i) buys any goods for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment and includes any user of such goods other than the person who buys such goods for consideration paid or promised or partly paid or partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment when such use is made with the approval of such person, but does not include a person who obtains such goods for resale or for any commercial purpose; or

(ii) hires or avails of any services for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly prom­ised, or under any system of deferred payment and includes any beneficiary of such services other than the person who 'hires or avails of the services for consideration paid or promised, or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment, when such services are availed of with the approval of the first mentioned person but does not include a person who avails of such services for any commercial purposes;

Explanation.— For the purposes of this clause, “commercial purpose” does not include use by a person of goods bought and used by him and services availed by him exclusively for the purposes of earning his livelihood by means of self-employment; 

You can claim damages for deficiency of service and all losses arising out of negligence of the authorities.

sonu bhola (service)     29 April 2009

one of my friend was cheated by a person whoom she did't know . as he got my friend's lot ATM card and he he has done a withdraw of big sum of amount. she made a complaint in police and bank but till now nither a bank nor police has done any thing in the case. now my friend want some legel action in it to get her money back . as she lives alone in delhi she is not much aware with all the process to follow. kindly suggest some thing to get solution

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register