LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit K (MTS)     11 November 2009

Need Suggestion - Personnal Matter

Hello members,

I am new in this era. I have one issue in my life.regarding this i want suggestion according to indian law what can i do?

In feb2009, i got married.before that i am talking with my wife for last one year but in between i am always getting calls -- one of my wife friend blackmailing me that dont talk with her. If you talk i will kill you, disturb your family and many things and also he is torturing my wife and taking details about me.After marriage, i am able to know that that guy is his friend and he is making call.

Now i want to make complaint against him. I have all the details.How can i do this. Please suggest me.



Amit k





 11 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 November 2009

Amit ji, go to police station and lodge an FIR. In that you mention the cellphone number from which you used to get calls so that it will be easy for police to find him. Ask your wife not to give any daetails herein after.

SURESHKUMAR.S (ADVOCATE)     11 November 2009

Dear Amitji,

First clear urself, whether ur wife will support  you, in the event of complaining against that person?

If she supports, then,  u can prefer a complaint against him, before the jurisdictional police or even to SP/Commissioner, of the city, who may direct a particular cell to look after ur complaint.

Whi;e prefering complaint, make sure ur complaint should contain the relevant particulars such as,

the dates  and time of the  calls made by him,

the numbers from which  and ur number which u received calls,

the concept of complaint should disclose blackmailing  and if any demands such as demand of  ransom or directions to do some illegal events etc, as well as the threat if any made by him to disclose anything to public which is absolutely private family affairs...........which all coming under the purview of  commission of an offence of extortion.

Which is considered to be  a serious crime .

Ur complaint shoud disclose a cognizable and non bailable offence -that would be treated severely.


Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     11 November 2009

It is better to think on all aspects prior to moving further in your matter. It is very sensitive matter connected with your life partner. first take her in your confidence and then move further.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     11 November 2009

Mr.Amit, You have just entered into family life.Brush aside all these nonsenses,and avoid his calls.Also tell your better half to keep away by avoiding his calls.Coose that option in your cell phones.Launching complaints,initiating legal action may invite unnecessarty worry at the very beginning of your life.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     11 November 2009

First talk to her and tell her about that person and then get her openion only after that take any active step.

Like u may approach to the police and mention everything. But for the sake of security at least u must lodge a simple complaint so that in future it will help you if that person will come again.


jatin sharma (LAWYER)     12 November 2009

mr amit , u have to logde a complaint against that person  becouse before ur marriege he was also disturbing u and ur wife and after marriege he stand on same place, so from my opinion every thing told to police officer  without any threaten . first of all u have to go near police station which is near ur home or in ur jurisdiction area an after that give them all  fone call details which he calling u but only photocopy not orignal ok if u know that person adress than mention it in ur FIR ok

Amit K (MTS)     28 December 2009


Thanks to ALL for your valuable suggestions.I am not taking any steps.Life is cool now.


Suchitra. S (Advocate)     28 December 2009

Amit, I am gald that everything is ok with you now. Infact, we aim at that too.. :)

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     28 December 2009

No best option is available for you except to initiate strong police action against such erring person.

Amit K (MTS)     29 December 2009

Hey Raj,

Can you support me and give me right direction so that i can file a complaint against him.

You are right, we should not leave such type of people.

Please give me your contact number, i want to talk regarding this.


-Amit k





i agree th same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query