LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh (will tell you later)     23 December 2012

Need suggestion on filing case under section 3 of dowry proh

My sister in law has filed false FIR u/s 498-A/406/323/506 against my brother in law and rest of the family members at Haryana state we were granted anticipatory and regular bail and the police has filed the chargesheet , I move to Haryana High Court and the proceedings are stayed. Meanwhile the sister in law has filed the maintenance case against my brother u/s 125 CrPC

The Father in law claims in FIR/Complaint that he has spend several lakhs on her daughter marriage and he submitted the fake list of items which is much beyond his capacity. Now my query is that whether I can made complaint before Ld Metro politicain Magistrate to book him under section 3 of Dowry Prohibition Act at Delhi as giving of Dowry is too crime and alleged cause of action such as Marraiage etc too take place in Delhi

Please give your suggestions

 4 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     23 December 2012

Yes, you can surely file such application.

Pkadian, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2012

remember what if the case against them is proved. Means what if giving of dowry is proved. both will be punished. giver and one who accept.

yogesh (will tell you later)     24 December 2012

we have not admitted that we have accepted the dowry..But they have admitted that they have given dowry in the form of gifts??

DARSHNA (advocate)     25 December 2012

You can surely file the case, but under Dowry Prohibition Act, both giving and taking of dowry is punishable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query