Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aarti   04 April 2016

Need suggestion for my mother

Respected Group Members,

I am seeking suggestion here for my mother. My parents got married in 1979. My Grandfather used to beat her for dowry and useless matters. My father never raised his voice against him. Due to society and other customs, my mother could not take any action. She gave birth to my elder sister in 1980, which became an issue due to girl child. After her birth, they continue to torture my mother. Then my mother gave birth to me in 1981 and this second girl child was not at all acceptable to my grandfather. He sent my mother to her parent's house. 

My father didn't came even to meet my mother. Many efforts were done from my mother side to settle the issues and requested my grandfather to let her live in her house. But he never allowed her. My grandfather even tried to prove that my mother is mentally sick, but after several checkups from Government Hospital, it was proved that she is perfectly fine. Thereafter, my gradfather put a condition for my mother to take her home. He asked her to withdraw the case. My mother in the hope of settlement, withdrew the case. But my grandfather never took her home.

In the meantime, my gradfather tried to remarry my father. But timely, my Nanaji stopped it to happen. Thereafter, my grandfatether insisted my mom to divorce my father and assured him that he will get his son married to her only again. But my mother never agreed on it.

We three kept on living with our Nanaji. He brought us and gave us good education despite all odds. We both are married now and well settled in our married lives.( All marriage expenses were born out by my mamaji). But my mother's condition is not good. She is not working as well and has no source of income. I want financial security for my mother. Hence, my query is:

1. My parents are not divorced. Can my mother get any maintenance from my father?

2. What should be done in order to get my mother's future secure in terms of finance?

3. Due to long time gap, Will there be any difficulty in getting maintenance?

4. What would be the legal procedure?

I am aware that this is very unusual that i am asking this after such a long time.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

mahesh   04 April 2016

Please visit lawyer who will aid u/s125 crpc to maintain your mother

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     05 April 2016

Requesting you to update us on compromise terms for withdrawal of cases.Then it will be appropriate to advise properly.

Aarti   05 April 2016

Sir, the condition for withdrawal of case was that my grandfather asked my mother to compromise and assured her that he will take her home.

Aarti   05 April 2016

Sir, the condition for withdrawal of case was that my grandfather asked my mother to compromise and assured her that he will take her home.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register