Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dijango Lai (technical)     07 July 2013

Need some advice


iam married to a woman who is a mental patient in 2007.She is fine or normal for  simple casual talks.But she usually get aggressive and dangerous if she got angry on something,she does not see whom she is talking and what she is doing at this condition.She ran many times from my home in such a condition and me and my family used to catched her before anything bad happen  to her and our family but last time she ran to her home.What the very shocking things she have done till now-1)ran away from home2)jump down from two wheelers3)slaped my father4)always used words strong and bad enough to hear inside a family 5)ran from her own home to her friend(male) rental house and many more which is not right  but by seeing her face no one can say that she might have done all this.She is now at her parental home from within the first month of our marriage.

Okay,this was a short story of my maried life.after around 3-4 years in 2011.she has filed a domestic violence case against claims for 3.5 lakhs saying that it was spent on my studies by selling her jewelleries,20 lakhs as fine and 10,000 every month each as maintenance.This is a wholesome amount for me and my family.

Again i have never done any violence against her,instead she have kept our family without peace of mind and brought bad names for all of the family members.But i have never filed a case of divorce against her looking at her family.I just thought simply but it is not simple now i realise.

can a domestic violence case be filed after such a long?The reason for it is -i just got a central govt job recently.Is there any means for me against the case?everyone told me in domestic violence case the husband should always give some maintenance?but i have done nothing wrong,I have always tried to help her but a lot of shocking things happened i have no choice.Please help me!!!!!!!!


 1 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     07 July 2013

Start paying maintenance without waiting for the court's order. File a petition for divorce so as to get off from your choice finally. She will also file the counter cases including DV case and even 498 of IPC. But everything depends upon the "evidence" by and between the parties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads