Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen Deshmukh - vadodara (IT Professional)     07 June 2011

Need Pedhi Namu for LIC Claim

Dear Legal Experts,

My dad passed away in May 2011. Now when we went to LIC office for death claim, we were asked to submit a Pedhi Namu as the Insurance policy was in custody of a Bank against a loan, which is cleared now. But we were told that though the Bank has cleared the nomination, now the nomination has become open and to enroll my mother in the nominee of the insurance claim, we need to submit this Pedhi Namu with the other LIC Forms signed by my mother, my brother, myself and my grand mother (father's mother).

I need to get some guidance on how to and where to get this Pedhi Namu....we got different opinions from different people and it is very confusing. Some people said lawyer can make this document, some said a Talati can make a document. I am in Vadodara. PLEASE HELP ME...!!

Regards,

Dipen.

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 June 2011

I think pedhi namu means succession certificate.  It is necessary to submit before the concerned office to claim the moentary benefits of your father.

the certificate which will be issued by the Tahasildar in respect of the succession is not succession certificate, it is surviviors certifcate.  To obtain the succession certificate you will to file a Probate and Succession case in the civil court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register