New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amey Bhandare   27 September 2023

Need noc from apartment for shop?

We recently bought a shop in an apartment that is sanctioned as a professional office in the building plan. However, a person from the apartment said that you can't run any food-related business in this shop because this area falls under the R1 zone.


But in the Unified Development Control and Promotion Regulation (UDCPR) rule, some food-related activities are allowed in the R1 zone (such as student mess, pan shops, etc.).


So, if we want to open a student mess in that professional office, do we need an NOC from the apartment?


 3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2023

Each State has its own norms. You have not mentioned location of the apartment.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 September 2023

It is a repeated query that is answered in the expert column.

Amey Bhandare   27 September 2023

In maharashtra 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register