25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (Service Engineer)     20 July 2013

Need legal help on eviction by landlord

1) I have shop agreement between me & landlord , Have sub let the shop without any agreement to one person, he is paying rent , but i need this shop , how do i Evict him - he is not vacateing from past several request .

2) My landlord wants me to vacate him & handover shop to him - as he wants now to open his own consulatancy , my land lord refused to take rent fr april - may - june . i sent him money order , which was refused by him & returned , What is the next action should i take ? He has given time of 3-4 months .

3) If i inform my tenant that my landlord wants this shop , he might stop paying me the rent what iam getting now  or he might directly approach my landlord offer him higher rent & jus dis regard me in the middle .



 5 Replies

Narendra Malik (advocate)     21 July 2013

send him notice by registered AD Post, stating relevent facts, ask him to provide his bank account number so that you can depsit due rent in his account.

Abhishek (Service Engineer)     22 July 2013

whats the point in sendig Reg Ad , as he has rejected Money order

& he wont give his Ac no

Narendra Malik (advocate)     22 July 2013

what reasonwas recorded by postman.

Abhishek (Service Engineer)     23 July 2013

Reason is recorded as REFUSED

Narendra Malik (advocate)     23 July 2013

It 'll help you legally in future that you were ready & willing to pay due rent. On the basis of SC judgement if letter is posted to correct adress by registered AD Post the court will presume that letter is delevered to recepient.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query