Need land documents

Respected everyone, Grandfather died in 1984 there is a land of 1500sft I'm the eldest grandson. Land is there and our relatives are staying without any issues. We are in a process of partition of land. we don't have any documents in hand now We need land original documents . How can we get this land documents. Kindly help. Every details like property tax, electricity, municipal bills are there.
Retired employee.

Contact a local advocate for such guidance, as you have to collect such Survey number etc from the neighbours on four sides and has to check their documents and collects revenue records or you may have to file for a declaration suit on the basis of available documents like property tax, electricity, municipal bills. In general, Municipality, while giving such house numbers collects copies of title sale deeds etc.

Thankyou for your reply. I tried to search all the neighbor's details Using there h-no's in all of them don't have survey no. How is it possible without S/No there will not be any land right. How can i find the details. Should i file an RTI ? Kindly help
Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

It is here that you start for locating details of your ancestral property. Ancestral land might be spread over a number of villages. You must gather names of all villages. You must be aware of names of your ancestors of that period. Else, you must find out names of your grandfather and your forefathers and if possible names of their brothers and sisters. It will be easy if you could get old land records available to any of your family members.After gathering the above information, you may visit Tahsildar office ( or Taluka Inspector of Land Records - TILR) and inspect the entire land records of that village. If the land records of your village are available from any oldest date, you have to search land record from that date. You can identify the land details from names of ancestors from the Record of Rights. You can cross verify these details from Tax Register, Heirship Cases Register which indicate the name(s) of deceased landholder and his heirs, who are your ancestors in lien. Cross verification is required since a village must have many persons with same name & surname.On the other hand, if you know the land details such as survey number, sheet number, Khasra number, village etc., you can search such records from the Online Land Rerecord of the state concerned. If you are not successful in online process, you can file RTI Application to the PIO in Tahsildar Office and seek information through R.T.I.

File a suit for partition seeking professional services of a local prudent lawyer.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x