LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat (Team Member)     10 February 2015

Need immediate suggestion..


Hi All,

I got married in May'14 and since then my wife's behaviour and attitude was not good at home with my mother and i too started disliking her becos of the fights she used to pick up at home for petty issues..she even attempted suicide 2 times for silly issues and my mother became mentally ill for which she was hospitalised as well..i managed somehow for 1 year and in June'14 she started fighting again when my mom was ill and she blamed my mom for many reasons that my mom ruined her marriage anniversary and that she is not ill and just acting so that i take more care of her and forget about wife..etc etc..i got angry and i said that i am very upset with her behaviour and said i do not want kids with u and no physical relationship with her.. she called her family and took her away in July'14 and during her stay at her home she used to converse with me over phone.. she again started blaming my mother and used perverted language against my mom n me which made me go crazy and i too abused her a lot about her figure n also used perverted language against her.. i neither  recorded her voice conversations nor her messages but she did all of them..her family dropped her at my home in August'14 and I said that i do not want to live with her anymore and i have been saying this when she was at her home but even then her family dropped her at my home.. In august, she hit my mother and me which made me to hit her n abuse..her paternal aunt came and took me n my mom to police station n wrote a written compliant against me and her family made me to write an apology letter in the police station..the police were not ready to listen that she hit my mom..we came back home and after 1 week my wife gave me conditions that my mom shouldn't live with us for 6 months atleast..i did not accept her condition n hearing that my wife hit my mother again no of times when i was out of home for office..and one day she hit her badly and went out of the home crying to the apartment people pretending as if my mother hit her..then my mom felt risky to stay with us n she stayed separately for 1 month..i did not like this this one month wife n me had fights becos i couldn't resist she beating my mom n mom moving out of house..then in september i got my mother home n arranged a separate living in the same house for her in a separate bedroom which had separate wife did not like the way i take care of my mother n i asked my wife not to contact her family members at all.. but again she called her aunt and her aunt abused my mom n me in front of the apartment members n also hit me with slipper in front of wife n her aunt even accused me of commenting a girl in my neighbour which made the neighbours to call police n again mom n me went to police n my wife wrote a written compliant this time against my mom..that day she left my home after creating all the mess with her belongings..we were asked to vacate the rented apartment by the apartment i do not want her anymore in my life.. i sent a legal notice to her thru a lawyer after she left home mentioning abut her acts..she did not respond.. i called her mother n asked abut the response for notice in November..her mother said that the family will not respond to any of my notices.. i told her that i am proceeding for divorce..her mother threatened me that she will see mine n mom's end..she says that she will not let me marry any other girl even her daughter leaves me..I stay in hyderabad..she says that she will come her n ruin our image,make loose my job etc etc..I have filed a divorce case from L B nagar civil court now and the notice would go to her in a month..


Can anyone tell me what kind of cases can her family book against me as they have the proofs of my messages n calls which i made when she was living at her home.. she also claimed that she stayed with me happily the one year that we spent together..

she gave 2 written compliants against me at saidabad police station but i shifted to kothapet as i was asked to vacate from saidabad..

I cannot get this matter settled out of court as her family is demanding 50 lacs as compensation and my wife also responded to me for the legal notice i sent in writing and mentioned in her first para itself that her family gave me 25 lacs dowry, 15 tolas gold n 5 lacs marriage expenses which is totally fake.. i have the proof of just 50k transfered from her family to my bank account before marriage for buying clothes n all..She also mentioned in her letter that since day 1 of the marriage i used to drink n come home n beat her abuse her etc ectc..

If i go for settlement how much do i need to pay the girl? If i go through court how much might court decide?

 I do not have a single penny apart from paying my lawyer fees..I have to make arrangements for the money i need to Pay..

And one more thing..I have a home loan for a property which i registered before 2 months of marriage.. my mom n me are the co-applicants..whatever money i invested is my income on the property..can she claim over the property?


Please help me what might happen abut my divorce case as the family that it is not ready to give me divorce..and i do not want the girl as my partner anymore..

How long my case might take and when ill i be able to remarry again? How much do i need to give the girl inspite of getting only 50k from the family..there is no dowry system in our family being a brahmin..



In continuation with my story mentioned above..As i said that I filed divorce in the local court and my first hearing is on 27th Feb'15. The girls's family stays in Visakhapatnam and the whole family came for a big fight last week to Hyderabad, the family is threatening my mom n me that the family will se our end..with the help of local neighbourhood, we avoided physical harrasment from the family but the family while leaving our place threatened us that we will be called to Visakhapatnam and there we will be ill-treated n physically harassed by the local police in visakhapatnam. as the family is from that place we fear that something bad might happen to us.. as expected we got a call today from the mahile police station in vizag that the girl has reported something against me and i need to attend the couselling,but i know if i go there i will be beaten up for sure as happened earlier..i told the same thing to the police as well but the police says that if i do not go for counselling i will be arrested and the girl will file 498A case..


pls suggest me what should i do..i am not willing to go to visakhapatnam and i informed the same thing to my advocate will speak to that police station tomorrow and will inform that i have filed divorce case and give the case no and other details.. pls give any other suggestions if anyone has..


 2 Replies

Nitin (marketting manager)     12 February 2015

Hello Venkat,

  First transfer the property on your name to your mother, show that you do not have any property on your name,that way she cannot claim any right on your mothers property.

Nitin (marketting manager)     12 February 2015

Also be prepared for 498A and DV cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query