LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (Director)     28 February 2016

Need help with fraud case

Hello, I want like to know how I can file a case against someone for doing fraud and cheating for money.

In 2012 February a friend suggested I put money within his known circle and earn interest as per investment.He was an old friend and I needed money badly as my both parents were critically suffering from Kidney failure and cancer, so I trusted him and invested my moneys which I had received from sale of our house which we had to sell due to rising costs of hospital treatment for both my parents.

well ,from february 2012 I was investing in small amounts for which I was told I will be getting 5 % per month per month on my principal investment and in return I was to pay 1 % of returns to my friend.So this went on untill June when both my parents got more critical ...then on my associate's suggestion I started investing large sums..And in November 2012 I was told that party with whom the money was invested has turned hostile and is not returning the pricipal amount claiming bankruptsy... In January 2013 , me and other invested parties were told that the whole situation has turned hostile and that was the end of the dealings...

since then the friend also sort of turned hostile saying that he could not anything even though his father in law was an elected MLA at the time ( But Not NOW ) and that he is trying his best...And since then slowly slowy he also  stopped replying or returning calls giving me the suspicion that he was involved in the whole thing.

In this way I was frauded of my principal amount of 90 lakhs which was stuck with them in the end...all cash component ( which I had received from sale of property )...all of cheque payment was duly returned..and which afterwards they claimed they have returned by way of giving me monthly returns of interest also calculable to around 90 lakhs...In all I had invested around 2.50 cr and was given interest amounting to 1.60 cr , part cheque and part cash.

I realize that there may not be a way to get my money back now but I would really appreciate any help in filing a case against so called friend , if at all its possible..

I did not realize until then how a friend could stab you in the back during one's worst phases in life.

I would be very grateful for anyone's comments and suggestions which will be heartfelt appreciated..ty

Best Regards,

sachin

Learning

2 Replies

MANISH KUMAR GUPTA   28 February 2016

Yes, You can file a criminal case but need documentation proof.

for any further quries call me @ 8826611610

chetna (Lawyer)     02 March 2016

You can consult your lawyer and can file a case against cheating for money in the competent court if you are having necessary documentary evidences which proves that you had given the above mentioned amount to your friend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register