Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suthanthira Kumar (Proprietor)     28 August 2012

Need help to safe guard my business

sir / madam
i need a small help in showing some light on the issues.
i have running a medical shop in chennai, tamilnadu for tha past ten years.
last year the house owner died and his three sons were taking possession of the property.
when i asked to renew the rental aggrement they are not interested and they want me to vacate the shop.
I have renewed my drug license with out rental agreement giving a letter to take responsibility for the shop to the Drug Control Office.
i have been paying rs.2300 right now and they have not collected the rent from me for the past four months.
kindly help me what i can do right now to safe guard my business.
i have been depending on this business for my earning and to safeguard my family

thanks and regards
Suthanthira Kumar

Learning

2 Replies

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     28 August 2012

Since rent laws are governed by local laws pl consult some local lawyer.    However the basic legal proposition is that in commercial rent agreements you cannot force the landlord to renew the rent agreement.  The emotional arguments of only source of income or family safeguard do not hold good in the court of law, justice and equity.

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     13 September 2012

Hi , Forcefully your landlord can not do anything against you accept , not renew the fresh rent deed or not taking the rent . Let him do what he feels good , dont worry , you carry on your business as earlier . 

The time will come your landlorl will deffinately go to court against you , in cort you can deposit the all the due rents , you just enjoy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register