LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayesh   05 January 2022

Need help to draft affidavit


I need to file complient in state level consumer court against my builder for misappropriation of maintenance funds.

Can any lawyers in this group help me to draft the same?


 1 Replies

Megha   07 January 2022


As per the Consumer Protection (Jurisdiction of the District Commission, the State Commission and the National Commission) Rules, 2021, the following monetary jurisdictions have been laid down

  1. Distrct Forum - value not exceeding 50 lakhs
  2. State Forum - value exceeding 50 lakhs but nt exceeding 2 crores
  3. National Forum - value exceeding 2 crores

Your suit will be dependant on the value of funds allegedly misappropriated by your builder.  

For the formal complaint, you will require the following:

  1. Name, descripttion and address of the complainant and the opposite party
  2. The cause of action
  3. Documents in support of the allegation
  4. Relief sought by you

The above submission must be made with the requisite filing fee as provided in Rule 7 of Consumer Protection (Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions) Rules, 2020 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query