LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Farhan Sheikh (student)     30 October 2014

Need help regarding tenancy and rights of an owner

Recently my family friend's tried to recover the disputed area of a property in Mumbai. The area was given by my friend's grandfather to his brother and now his grandfather's brother's family is staying there for almost 60 years.
Due to some reason my friend was in need of some cash and decided to sell the disputed area of the property, he asked his relatives to vacate the place, but they didn't. Case was filed and High Court rejected the plea of my friend regarding the possession of the property.

No written agreement is there. As 60 years is a long time, what can be done to get the possession back?I will post the judgement copy as well, as soon I get one.

please help I am a law student


 1 Replies


all depend on judgement pass.

rare chance. they are now tenant cum owner for over 60 years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register