Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayur Dhande   07 January 2021

Need help regarding sworn affidavit

Hi Everyone,

First of all thanks to provide such a nice platform to get update and information from expert.

I need an help to get a sworn affidivate for my 1 year old son that the names as recorded on the passports and supporting documents are of one and the same person. I need to know what kind of form I need to download and whose signature I need to get on this or any stamp? 

Name on passport: Surname Name Father's Name

Name of Birth Cert: Name

Learning

1 Replies

Nandini Warrier   13 January 2021

Good afternoon, For this situation, you will need the affidavit for one and the same person. This affidavit will help declare that the names in the various documents are of the same person. For this, you will need to enter 1) the ACTUAL name of the person (name of your child in this case) 2) the variation(s) of name 3) father's name 4) date of birth 5) address of the person 6) a declaration that there is no fraud in the affidavit. To be on the safer side, please try to also mention which document has which variation of the name. Please also mention which variation of the name you will like to continue using for the future. This should be done on a stamp paper, and the rate of the stamp duty on affidavit differs State wise, so please check the rate of the stamp duty on affidavit that should be used for this purpose in your State. You will need the signature of the person as well, and you will have to get this affidavit notarised by a notary public. Please make sure there are no mistakes in the draft of the statement, and if there are any mistakes, please correct them BEFORE getting the affidavit signed. Hope this helped! Regards, Nandini.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register