LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs. Bhavna (Housewife)     09 February 2020

Need help regarding my marital issue

I have been married for 12years now, love marriage. I have a son 11years. My in-laws don't like me and my parents passed away, I was the only daughter so now I have no one to support. My husband is alcoholic and abuses me verbally and also did physically in the past but not now. He doesn't like to stay at home at all. I am a house wife and totally dependent on him. I trusted him blindly and gave him all my financial savings. He didn't let me complete my graduation. These are the reasons he has taken me for granted and behaves in such a manner. I'm not happy with my marriage. I have tried committing suicide in the past but because of my son I'm bearing all this. Please guide me I need help!!

Learning

9 Replies

Siddhartha Kundoo   10 February 2020

Respected Mam,

Kindly FIle a Domestic Violence complaint in the family court in your Jurisdiction. Also, File a complaint of IPC 498A.Do not worry about the financial burden Since there are provisions in the law in which the husband is bound to pay a monthly amount to his divorced wife. Do not delay with the process file the complaint file it as soon as possible.

I hope the answer solves your query.

Regards,

Siddhartha Kundoo

Rupin Dhama   10 February 2020

Do not be dependent on him. complete your education. change yourself according to your husband so he could take interest in you. still if his behavior doesn't change for you. file a domestic violence case against him. but that should be the last option.

For more information contact us on 9999121211 or email us on rupin.lawjunction@gmail.com

Mrs. Bhavna (Housewife)     10 February 2020

Thank you for the reply. I tried my level best to adjust according to him never fought with my in laws, supported him whenever he needed, tried to adjust with his drinking habits thinking he might be under work pressure or some stress but still his behaviour is the same. I am trying to complete my education but he just tries stopping some or the other excuse. Is their any provision under law that he cannot stop me from completing my education??

Mrs. Bhavna (Housewife)     10 February 2020

I heard that if a wife demands divorce than she wouldn't be entitled for monthly maintenance is this true?? 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 February 2020

It is really a painful period for you ,just hold and stay strong; First of all never think of suicide  that is no solution at all.\

Legally you have options but those are too cumsbersome and you have to spend on them. You can file for mainetanace if your husband is not maintaining you and the child, but that will infurarte your husabnd and worsten the situation, then you will think of revange by filing a complaint under DV or 498A  etc... It is advisable to let your complete your education and find some job to suatain .Latter you can squeez your husband in anyway. If possible you can use your socail connections to prevail upon him, there is light at the end of tunnel .Keep your thoughts positive think of surviavl instaed of wasting time on thinking on ending the life. You have a son you have hope just give him good upbrought and train him well,that is your mision. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 February 2020

Typo;

----  suatain       Sustain *

(Guest)

Dear Madam,

Please try to lodge a complaint with Police regarding domestic violence, matrimonail cruelty and also file a divorce case on the ground of cruelty.

(Guest)

Dear Madam,

Please try to lodge a complaint with Police regarding domestic violence, matrimonail cruelty and also file a divorce case on the ground of cruelty.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 February 2020

It is advisable to consult Secretary your district/ state legal services authority local lawyer for professional guidance and necessary proceeding, which is FREE OF COST for certain catagory of society, which you can avail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register