Need help regarding india offical gazette for name change

Dear Sir,

I am from bangalore.I have changed my complete name after marriage.I have got affidavit letter and news paper publication. for the same  except official gazette.


Since i couldnt get gzette notification from karnataka govt (because karnataka govt doesnt issue official gazetter for private employees).I am planinng to apply in gazette of india.

I have few questions regarding this.

Documents to be sent to Gazetter of india throuh post are

1.Affidavit Letter(original or xerox?)

2.Kannada and english news papaer publications(original or xerox)

3.DD in the favour of Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, 

 Civil Lines, Delhi-54

4.2 attested photo graphs

5.2 copies of  specimen for  name change letter with  filled and with old signature


And post it to Dilhi gazette address "Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, 

 Civil Lines, Delhi-54"


Can you please confirm if i missed any documnets and or any steps

I have few questions regarding this

1.after sending wat is the next process?

2.Where they will publish my new name change in karnataka gazette or in which Gazette?

3.How do we know it got published or not ?do we get any copy of published gazetter through post?

4.How long overall process it takes.Is there any online tracker to check the status?is there any email id /contanct number to check the status?

5.Once we post those docs,do we get any acknowledgemnt from them once they recive.

Currently i have updated my name in passport .But PAN card is pending because of this offical gazetter

Can you please please respond t all my queries as soon as possible



Tejashwini Ragahavendra


Dear sir,

IT would be very  great helpful.if anyone could  reply back to this query ASAP


Tejashwini R




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x