LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ronnie (network engineer)     20 February 2011

need help regarding ADVOCATE name plate

I have a shop and my wife operates my shop.  Next shop is a shop for gift article. Owner of the shop is lawyer. He has done LLB. But he is not practicing any kind of law activity or he is not attending court. He put Gujarat high court name plate on his vehicle.

He is like anti social person and many butlegger and other gunda person gather at his shop. But due to his advocate name plate we are not able to oppose him.

Is there any rule about who can put “advocate” or “Gujarat high court” name plate on his vehicle.

Where I can complaint about this as if I manage to remove “Gujarat high court” name plate from his vehicle other person also dare to oppose him. At present only I oppose him other person scared due to his name plate.


please help me


 10 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     20 February 2011

like anti social person

prove it?


then complaint!

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     20 February 2011

like anti social person

prove it?


then complaint!

Amit Pateria (Advocate & Consultant (Law) Supreme Court of India New Delhi)     20 February 2011

Dear Ronnie,

Nothing is above the law. You can take following steps :-

1. Report the matter to the Registrar of the Hon'ble Gujrat High Chort for the alleged misuse of its name,

2, C.C. a copy of the complaint to the President, Gujrat High Court Bar Association, and

3. Report the same to local police.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     21 February 2011

agree with amit

A Advocate Cant Maintain/Pest "High Court Advocate" Nameplate on his vehicle. Its ruled by High Court. An Advocate Can't run a business. If any in your matter. Complaint to Bar Counsil of India as well as Gujrat High Court/District Bar Association/SSP of your region.
1 Like

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     23 February 2011

I do agree wit Prajapati. Nothing more action is required on your part

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 March 2011


Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 March 2011


raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     20 July 2011


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2014

agreed with Mr Prajapati

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query