Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     31 August 2011

Need help on one curcial aspect...

Hello Friends...

My question is...

I want to file one mutual divorce case on behalf my client's. We have completed all the legal and procedural formalities. But now we stop at one stand...

The wife  got the PR ID of singapore after the marriage. She is living seperately by 10 years from her husband. As per the law of singpore, she has to renew her id every within 2 to 3 years.As she is living seperately, it was not possible for the hasband to renew it..

Now she want her PR ID back from her husband before signing on mutual divorce papers. The husband has already lost it and moreover, the card was not renewed as in time, it is expired in the eye of law. The PR ID HAS  NOT EFFECT. But the girl is very firm on her claim to get back her PR ID.

One more thing....

The wife has already file a divorce petition under section 13 of hindu marriage act. so, the husband must have to declare this it in singapore goverment . So, he declared it.

NOW  WHAT TO DO?

HELP ME ON THIS SERIOUS PROBLEM...

WE WANT TO FILE THE PETITION ASAP...

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET IT OUT?

Query Posted By: Shaulabh Shah Advocate

Learning

2 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     01 September 2011

You mean to say she wanted to retain PR status even after dissolution of marriage?  If that is so, she can reach the Singapore counsulate in India and give her representation stating all the facts, that she had been living seperately from her husband and that her husband did not renew her PR.  But as per PR rules she must have entered Singapore atleast once in 5 years block, did she do that? you said she is living seperately for 10 years and filing this petition in India. 

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     07 September 2011

Hi...

i belive that she want to retain her PR STATUS....

and she is living separatly from her husband from10 years.... she is not entered in singapore within that period...

we know (even she is also) that her PR ID has not legl effect... but somehow she is very strict on to get her id back...

so , kindly provide some healthty solution on my question

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More