LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohankumar (engineer)     05 November 2011

Need help on my dovirce case

dear future judges,

please help me.
i am unhappy with my wife and applied for divorce in out of chennai court.

From the day the hearing started in court, she will come for one time and next two times she will not come.

In my nativeplace family court the judge will simply tell to come after one month. this has gone for atleast 7 months.

Suddenly she applied one petition in chennai family court appeling for living together. same story continued here also. two time absent and third time present. now after 2 counselling the third counselling didnt happen, now she is absent for consecutive three times, judge orderd for ex-part advice and cancelled the "live together" petition. now she has come back to the court saying some reasons and case being continued. now the next step will be counselling and again repeat same story (2 times absent 1 time present . who found this rule, i dont find any logic in this rule)

friends, tell me how to come out of this ?? now almost 1.5 years have gone like this.

my lawyer says that we "CANNOT DO ANYTHING" for this and we have to follow the court procedure (????)

badly i need advice and i am almost dying everyday.

keep the reasons for divorce aside. i will come back on that.

please advice how to break this practice of "two time absence and one time present"


 7 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     05 November 2011

Dear Mohan

its upon Court to adjorn the matter or exemption for personal appearance. lawyers can not do anything in this regards. when she filed set aside the order application then you should raise highly objection and if the Court think feet and set aside the order then file a petition before higher court regarding this .

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 November 2011

you can submit before the court for the speedy disposal



Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 November 2011

You need good counsel for sure.


Also as advised by Adv Rajoo, you can apply for speedy trial.





Shonee Kapoor

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     10 November 2011

Hai dont worry i am in chennai i will take care.

Mohankumar (engineer)     28 March 2012

when to file counter for her's case and how to make her file counter for my divorce case.

because my new lawyer says that the case is starting now only because i have filed counter for her case.

old lawyer says that i cannot file counter when the case is in couselling

which is true. please help. where i can get the correct procedure for divorce cases?

i am dying need help,.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 March 2012

Unable to understand because the complete facts are not clear. Hence no advise.





Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register