My brother was married to girl in Nov’ 2009.But she stayed with him and my family for only 15 days and left the in-laws house. Then she demanded for 15 lakh as compensation but at last come to a settlement of Rs 5 lakh. At the time settlement she and her family signed a deal has taken all her stridhan and the entire thing she had and will have no demand anymore also stated in that settlement that she was not having understanding with her husband hence she will leave if she is given Rs 5lakh The deal which we made was in a stamp paper but in that stamp paper it is not mentioned “before the notary public..”. After that my family filled a case for divorce. Once we filled the divorce case, they immediately filled a false case of 498a against my brother, my parent and also me and my husband for torturing her. Now we have got the bail. At the time of bail she had stated that things have got settled between us and now she is staying with us and hence withdrawing the cases though it is not a true fact. But for this getting this bail my father was forced by the girl’s family to give Rs 2.5 Lakh. After that they asked us to withdraw the divorce case that we had filled and the girl herself applied for a fresh mutual divorce case. Now the police have already given a charge sheet which we were not aware of. We came to know of this charge sheet from a source we had. We have been asked to be present before the court on 5th of May. But for what reason we don’t know. We are guessing that it could be for charge framing. We have got no summon/notice neither from court nor the police.
I need to know some points:
1. Can me and my husband go for discharge petition/quashing in high court under section 482 as me and husband is staying in a place which is under a different jurisdiction of my father’s place.
2. The police without interrogating any of us issued the charge sheet. How is this possible?
3. We had no idea that police had already issued a charge sheet but from a source we came to know that the charge sheet has been issued. So we had to pay money for getting the charge sheet copy that police had issued. Can we do something on this or this is procedure for getting the charge sheet form police?
4. Can we get go for a quashing for my parents and by brother.
5. Can we bring an extortion case on the girls’ family as they are forcing my father to give this ransom as by brother is not capable of giving so much of money?
6. I and my husband have a plan for going abroad. Is it possible at this stage?