Initially, a format for making application had been prescribed (Form "A") and the same was appended at the end of the RTI Act,2005.
Subsequently, for the convenience of the common man, it has been allowed to write in a plain paper seeking your information under R.T. Act, 2005.
The important points needed in the Application are as follows:
APPLICATION FOR SEEKING INFORMATION UNDER R.T. ACT, 2005.
In Person/ (or) preferably by Registered Post with A.D.
To for future legal action to be taken if necessary.
The Public Information Officer/ Head of the Department
Name of the Bank,
Name of the City
Name of the District
Name of the State
Name of the Country
Pin code No. (if available)
1. Name of the Applicant with full POSTAL ADDRESS
2. Name of the Department: (from where you wish to get the information)
3. Particulars of information required: (Subject in Brief)
4. Details of Information required: (e.g. Statement of Account, Voucher Copy etc.,etc.,
5. Period for which the information is sought for: (i.e. for the period from 1996-2008 etc., etc.,
6. A fee of Rs.10/- has been paid directly in the office vide Receipt No. Date
or sent through Demand Draft/Postal order vide No. Date.
7. Please furnish me the required information under the eligible provisions of
the R.T. Act, 2005.
8. Necessary photo copy of the receipt for having paid the Application fee is
enclosed herewith for favour necessary action.
Date: Yours faithfully,
Station (Signature of the Applicant)
The above format will be sufficient for seeking information under R.T. Act, 2005