Upgrad LLM

need help in cheque bounce case

hi i m amit from jhajjar , Haryana.I gave 7 lacs to my neighbourhood friend for 6 months which will over on 3 april,2013. he is bsnl govt. employee. he gave me written on stamp paper that he took ruppes from me and he will give me before six months else me will withdraw through cheque. he gave me four cheques. now i am relizing. he will not able to pay at given time.

i want to know that

1. can i submitt cheque before 6 mont because he gave me old standard cheques as par govt. rules they will expire on 31 march.

2. will he suspend after i filed cheque bounce case against him.

what should i do pls guide me..


Dear Amit

Plz remember that at present a cheque is valid for a period of 3 months only. If the agreed date of repayment mutually extended is acceptable to you, then go for it and get fresh cheque. Otherwise, deposit  cheques for payment in bank and move to Court under section 138 NI Act.  akseth advocate::::::::aksethadvct@gmail.com




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x