New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sheena (hr executive)     25 August 2012

Need help for divorce


Its been 1.5 years im married.After marriage he physically abuses me. At present iam staying with my husband. i want to divorce my husband but there is a precondition that couple shoud stay seperate minimum for 1 year. i dont want to file any police case against him but just want to know can i get divorce after 6 months if i file a divorce now. is it necessary to stay seperate for 1 year. i want divorce asap. kinly help.


 7 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     25 August 2012

if he agrees for divorce and its mutual then you can put any date you last lived together in the petition no one challenges.

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     26 August 2012

i am agreed with sanjeev

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     26 August 2012

if you both ready for divorce file MCD.NO NEED TO WAIT FOR ONE YEAR. you will get divorce  in 6 month.


Sicne your marriage is already more than a year old you can go for contested divorce if you can prove physical/mental cruelty. For mutual consent divorce the requirement is that the couple should have lived separately for at least a year. Since both the spouses are consenting parties to a petition for mutual divorce you can bilaterally mention any particular date more than a year back when you lived together. Rest assured no one will question you.


Ashish Davessar


Supreme Court of India/ Punjab and Haryana High Court

498 A fighter (Advocate)     27 August 2012

madam agar ho sake to todne k bajaye banane k koshish karo, agar aap chahengi to apka pati badal jayega usne lakho me apko chuna aapne bhi use pasand kiya abhi jab mar kha kar bhi sath rah rahi hai to ek din wo bhi ayega aap use marengi aur wo sath rahega remember wakt sabhi ka aata hai apni bari ka intejar karo kabhi nav nadi par to kabhi nadi nav par chodan hota to bhagwan milata hi nahi agar baat jada nahi badi hai to mat chodo sambandh mat todo aur agar jaan par hi ban aayeee hai to chodo mat sale ko bilkul police me jao fir koi moh maya nahi kayka pati jo jaan lene par hi aa gaya ho ?abhi uska ghar chod do?

do navo par sawari kabhi acchi nahi ya to puri tarah uski ho jao ,ya puri tarah usse dur ho jao,

life me utar chadav aate rahte hai choti moti baton ko bedroom me hi suljha len.shrimati bina shri [pati] ki ho haye to uski mati [ gati] mean]lfie] brasht ho jati hai

patni pati k bina aur pati patni k bina ahdure hi hai so try to maitain your relation agar matbhed jada bad gaye ho to maun vrat dharan kar lo par ghar na chodo apna adhikar mat chodo  apni jagah asani se nahi chodna ek baar jagah chodi aur wo jagah bhar gaye to aap na ghar k rahengi na ghat ki ho sakta hai capable ho akele dunia jeet le par wo jagah nahi jeet payengi

jagah chodo mat us jagah ko laat mar kar naya mukaam bano agar bilkul bhi ek sui k noke barabhar bhi acche ke asar nahi hai

agaru sui ki nok jane k jagah hai to ek din bhala bhi chala jayega so make your mind for the best as par your situation and conditions

Vinu (executive)     27 August 2012

Hi Sheena,

It will not be a quick process as you say i want divorce asap. I agree with Mr.Ashish..If both the parties are ready then go for mutual concern. It's a good option.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     28 August 2012

Have u discussed MCD with ur hubby, if not yet do it asap

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register