LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyush Nagar (Taxation Law)     03 August 2011

Need help - can i use term legal adviser or lawyer


Hi everyone,

I have completed law degree from a university recognized by Bar Council of India. I am currently doing a job in a private firm on thier permanant rolls. Thus I can't register myself in Delhi Bar Council and Bar Council of India.

I want to start my career as Advocate but due to family problem (finacial crunches) I can't leave my job at the moment. Can I start my career as a legal adviser / lawyer (will not advocate cases but will provide legal help and guidance). The moment I feel comfortable and independent in this profession I will resign from my current company and will get myself registered in Delhi Bar Council and Bar Council of India.

In the main time, can I use myself as Lawyer or Legal Adviser?? I know I can't use Advoacte but I will only use Lawyer or Legal Adviser on the hoarding (small board) for my home and visiting cards for my clients.

Not sure if using myself as a Lawyer or Legal Adviser contravene any provisions of the Advocates Act 1961 or any other act time being in force.

I really need your help and expert advice to start this esteemed profession. So please advise if I can use Lawyer or Legal Adviser.

Thanks a ton ! ! !


Piyush Nagar, Delhi


 2 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     03 August 2011

see you are free to use legal advisor and you can freely give legal advices.

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     13 June 2012

You may give advise as there are people who give advise free of cost on every issue. Do u want to become such advocate ? You want to eat the cake and keep the same too. Get SANAD and do it proudly.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register