Upgrad LLM

need help about surname change after marriage



I have got my marriage registered and in the marriage certificate, my surname is not written as my husband's. Its my father's. Now if i have to change my surname in any bank documents, legal documents, I am not able to change it as they say that in marriage certificate, my surname is not changed to that of my husband's. Can some on help me if the marriage certificate was issued incorrectly and if i have to request for a new certificate with the surname change.





You can change your name by giving an notice in two local news papers to that effect, after that you can get it notified in the govt. gazzate at distt. commissioner office of your distt. After that you can use your new name as per your husbands surname.


Senior Partner

@ Author

Kindly donot panic.

Follow the official guidelines mentioned in annexed official document.

Attached File : 85555 188085 34 guidelines for change of name of majors.pdf downloaded 261 times

if your husband surname write in marriage certificate in that time after marriage your husband's surname is your surname it's simple. 


Your case is simple, nothing wrong in marriage certificate that is also correct. You can apply PAN card with new surname and reason change due to marriage as per guidelines and based on that you can open new accounts and take id.

What you are doing is normal yu don't need to go for lawyer as your are not changing name - your change is due to marriage and marriage certificate that you are married to specific person is good enough along with afidavit in some cases.



Bharat kumar advice is correct - marrige certificate is sufficent. I have seen many working ladies just changing surname based on marriage certifcate.

Apply PAN here https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html or just contact any PAN agent.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x