LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ness (secretary)     04 May 2011

Need Help 4m an Advocate

i, had a court marriage at my college days at 2005, coz my parents didnot liked him & we have never been together even for a single day as a husband or wife. at 2009 i came to know about him having an aafair wit another girl, i talked with him asked for divorce but he wont signed it. in the mean time i met an guy n want to marry him  but my family didn't accepted him, hearing about my past dat we had an court marriage. plz suggest me what to do. i love dat other guy dont want to marry dat guy with whom i had court marriage


 7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 May 2011

You have to file a divorce petition against your husband on the ground of adultery or if you married another guy your first husband may seek divorce.

Rohit Shukla (Engineer)     05 May 2011


My wife after 5 months of marriage went to her paternal home and thereafter is making excuses not to return for atleast an year (for the time being, no idea about long term plans). The more we tried to press her harder to return seeking reasons for her excuses, the more accusive she has started getting.

Now I tried to relate the various incidences and her strange behaviour before the marriage and have found that, it was all pre-planned. She is 31and was not getting married because of her attitude. She wanted to become IAS and tried almost for 06 years and failed miserably (not even clearing her prelims in these many years). The reason now I have found out that she was in realltionship with many guys in her town, so could never concentrate on her studies. An adamant child when confronted by her parents to get married, got married for the sake of her parents dignity with a condition that they would call her after her amrriage for atleast an year. Now this drama unfolded. 

Its been more than 4 months since we had any communication. My other sources (relatives) in her town are indicating that she is trying to get into BEd. course for an year starting July. That means if she gets through would be away from me for more than 1.5 years in my then (Jul 2012) two years of marriage

Please suggest my immediate action. I personally have decided to go for divorce? or should i go for RCR first, then the latter. Personnly she is out of my mind and is not worth spending rest of my life with such a cold blooded but such a cunning member.

Divorce takes time & money with no gurantee? does it even weaks a person case in case of any counter charges?

Please suggest the most practical solution.

Warm Regards,


veenzar (Advocate)     05 May 2011


Try FreeDivorceAdvice to get an idea.

sheela subbarao (Advocate)     05 May 2011


what do you mean by court marriage? Did you register your marriage under Special Marriage Act? For further suggestion please answer these questions?

ness (secretary)     05 May 2011

ya it was a registered marriage under Special Marriage Act, i have signed on the divorce paper but he wont signup. what i can do now

sheela subbarao (Advocate)     06 May 2011

you can file a petition for divorce under section 27 of Special Marriage Act1954 before the Family Court. Contact an advocate.

ness (secretary)     07 May 2011

as i said you all earlier dat guy is not ready to sign divorce paper. is there anyotherway dat can be made bound to make him sign

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query