Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (law student)     02 September 2008

need help

Hello to all

Am a student n am in a dilema.I have just completed my 12th from Delhi n am persuing law from Rizvi Law College,Mumbai.I have shifted myself from Delhi to Mumbai 4 persuing law only.But due 2 the pressure from my mother(because she is feelin very lonely there in delhi as she is missing me) i had 2 give Amity University's(Delhi) entrance xam n interview 4 law!I am 100% sure that i wil get through amity!My problem is that,i know very well that mumbai has very good exposure 4 corporate law in which am interested in n Delhi is not that much!My mother wont be allowing me 2 go 2 mumbai as she does'nt want 2 be separated from me..she does'nt understand the importance as she is very emotional.

i wanted 2 ask you all if being in Amity University,Delhi will b good 4 me.i am persuing Bls.llb(Bachelor of legal science) from mumbai.here i wil  b persuing Ba.llb.(Both r 5 yr integrated courses)

will it be worth shifting again 2 delhi??

i dont want 2 ruin my career.plz revert as soon as possible.as my results will be out soon!plz help

Regards,

PRIYA

Learning

8 Replies

MUNEESH DHAWAN (Advocate)     02 September 2008

Hi Priya I think you go for Amity University Five year LL.B as in Delhi nowadays there are many corporate houses wherein legal persons are required and Delhi is surely matching up with Mumbai in all standard & you will surely get lots of exposure out here..

This way you can also cater to your family commitments...

Pradeep (Advocate)     02 September 2008

I do agree with muneesh..

Now a days, more than the place where u study, the institution matters more. Amity does have a good name, and i have seen the campus too. they have a good library and a great computer lab to make use of..

ur effort is more than anything, since i have seen even the people from rural law colleges doing miracles in their career...

Try to expose urself to the practical aspects of law like moot courts, legal research, debates and group discussions etc, i have seen many rank students who are scared to stand before the judge and speak out..

Don't limit your knowledge to the examination syllabus, since the new scenareo is globalisation of legal industry, which has already happened in India due to LPO boom, where indian LPO's are capable of doing anything andeverything for US law firms and corporates... soon, the job of a US attorney may get limited to attending the courts...!!!

Pawan Mittal   02 September 2008

Agreed with Muneesh and Pradeep.

Guest (n/a)     03 September 2008

Hi Priya Be in Mumbai , as Mumbai has more professionalism

TS Bhatia (HR Executive)     05 September 2008

I think you should pursue your Studies from mumbai only as you will get better exposure there compare to delhi.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     05 September 2008

It is a matter of a few years when the foreign firms will enter Indian legal markets also. There would, then be a wide scope for the law degree holders. The companies would theirselve  decide the competency of a lawyer for a specific job. Mumbai is like an  ocean. try to be the big fish of a small pond insted of becoming a small fish of an ocean. You will climb the ladders of success more quickly. if every one runs to big cities then how the standard in the lower court will improve? adil

It is    matter of a few years when the foreign firms will enter Indian legal markets also. There would, then be a wide scope for the law degree holders. The companies would theirselve  decide the competency of a lawyer for a specific job. Mumbai is like an  ocean. try to be the big fish of a small pond insted of becoming a small fish of an ocean. You will climb the ladders of success more quickly. if every one runs to big cities then how the standard in the lower court will improve? adil

It is   matter of a few years when the foreign firms will enter Indian legal markets also. There would, then be a wide scope for the law degree holders. The companies would theirselve  decide the competency of a lawyer for a specific job. Mumbai is like an  ocean. try to be the big fish of a small pond insted of becoming a small fish of an ocean. You will climb the ladders of success more quickly. if every one runs to big cities then how the standard in the lower court will improve? adil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register