LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjana   27 June 2017

Need help

Hi,I had arranged marriage through shaadi.com on Jan 2016.After marriage my husband was very violent to me and i registered FIR(498 A).Later he gave written undertaking and promised not to repeat the behaviour so compromised in high court and FIR was quashed.One month after quash he repeated same violence and during this event i was fed up and attempted suicide he has video of it and keeps blackmailing to show that to everyone.In between i got to know that he had furnished false details about his job and education in shaadi.com and cheated me at the time of marriage.When asked he fought with me and put me out of the house.I have registered complaint again and FIR is lodged again under (section 498 A and 420)..Will my suicide attempt video he has saved in his phone l cause any damage to me?I have enough evidences in the form of messages where my husband has abused and demanded money and gold ornaments, eye witness by neighbors who has seen him beating me up and they are ready to give their statements as well and on top of that his fake education and job background.

He has now applied for bail . what are the chances he will get bail for the repeated offence ?



 5 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     27 June 2017

The chance for him to get bail again is highly unlikely. What you could do on your part, you have done, as you yourself state you have enough evidence. You should however file for divorce on grounds of cruelty.

As to the suicide attempt, it is punishable u/s 309 of the IPC with imprisonment of up to 1 year. However, get in touch with a good advocate to get you through with all the proceedings smoothly. The court would, considering all the facts and circumstances of your case, not hold you responsible/guilty in most likeliness.

Sanjana   27 June 2017

Thanks for the response. I was so badly tortured that i decided to take the extreme step of ending my life to end this misery.I know its cowardness and bad decision but i was abetted to do that because constantly he was harassing me for money and gold ornaments. What do i do ? Well, now police have started investigation and informed me that they will file chargesheet soon. In the meantime , he has applied for bail.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     29 June 2017

He will definitely get bail.  In some cases, after 15 to 20 days keeping him in jail depending upon the severity of allegations, he would be granted bail.  Do not worry about suicide attempt.  Nothing would happen to you.  If you have to recover your stridhan, you can also file DV case.  Think about taking divorce from him and move on in your life.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     03 July 2017

You may take the pleas that it was due to ill behaviour of your husband that you attempted to commit suicide or you may say that it was mocked video. Your husband may not get bail as courts are very harsh to such habitual offenders.

Sanjana   03 July 2017

Thank you sir for your valuable advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register