LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul patil   21 January 2017

Need help

My wife has filed a false maintenance case against me in Belgaum approximately two years ago. Now the case is about to be finished that is arguments from both the parties have been done and on next dare date the judge will deliver the verdict. I had repeatedly said that I was willing to and still I am ready to accept her but she has is not ready because she alleges I am mentally harassing her. Earlier she had claimed maintenance of rs 50000 per month because she alleges that my income is 6 Lakh per month and she failed to produce any evidence supporting her claim. Now my question is can I divorce her because all through this while I am stating in the court that I was willing to take her back but she is not coming and also can I file the divorce case here in Pune because I reside in Pune???

Learning

13 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     21 January 2017

Yes you can file divorce case against her from the place where you reside

biswajit   21 January 2017

AT FIRST YOU APPEAL FOR DIVORCE PETITTION 

Rahul patil   21 January 2017

On what grounds

whatnot   22 January 2017

What was the salary certificate you presented for maintainance case?

You can file divorce on basis of desertion as she has been away since Dece, 2013 (or April, 2014).

If you want less legal hassel, file it in Belgaum and fight with a Power of Atorney. Or you can file it in Pune and fight that this has been your marital home since estranged wife refused to join you. Fight the transfer as well.. You may get Exparte as she may even refuse to attend.

You need good lawyer.

Win maintainance and you will have easy. Hopefully you have fought well.

Rahul patil   22 January 2017

Thanks what not Salary certificate says I work as a supervisor in our family business owned by my father I said my salary is 9k but it has now increased to 10k last year in june.i proved all this with my bank statement. An expert takes how much time and if I am right only and only thr supreme court has the authority to transfer case from one state to another.am I not right??

Rahul patil   22 January 2017

Thanks what not Salary certificate says I work as a supervisor in our family business owned by my father I said my salary is 9k but it has now increased to 10k last year in june.i proved all this with my bank statement. An exparte takes how much time and if I am right only and only thr supreme court has the authority to transfer case from one state to another.am I not right??

mahesh   22 January 2017

As per her demand of certain sum courts would call for income statement and standard of your living and would decide amt...........As far as divorce petition jurisdiction of court will be place of marriage or place where you both resided after marriage

mahesh   22 January 2017

As per her demand of certain sum courts would call for income statement and standard of your living and would decide amt...........As far as divorce petition jurisdiction of court will be place of marriage or place where you both resided after marriage

mahesh   22 January 2017

mahesh   22 January 2017

mahesh   22 January 2017

mahesh   22 January 2017

mahesh   22 January 2017

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register