LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrs AKkumar (housewife)     29 February 2016

Need help

I did love marriage 9 mths before. My husband is from UP but his family is settled in gujrat. His family didnt accept our marriage and they told him to leave me. So as to keep his parents happy he ran away from me telling that he got job in gujrat and will take me there later but the day he shifted there he and his family pressurising me for divorce. Now my hubby realised that he cannot face his parents and community so wants divorce.. Pls tell me if this is not a crime to play with somebodys life like this?? Any punishment for such types of b*st*rds who uses girls in the name of marriage and then leave due to their bull sh*t reasons... Pls reply


 6 Replies

Aashish George (lawyer)     29 February 2016

Well, honestly no. He married you, did not cheat you, criminal case is out of the question. The only cases you can file is 125 ( maintenance ), domestic violence, and divorce ( if you want to let go ). All these cases are gonna waste your time and money, you made a bad choice, now, accept the consequences also. If you still want vengeance, hire a good advocate ( honest ones ) and pay them well to fight your case. They will handle the rest. Good luck

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 February 2016

You can also file 498a on his family if you have strong proofs for cruelty committed against you by your husband or inlaws

mrs AKkumar (housewife)     29 February 2016

there is no punishment for the men who marry women for their use and then ran away saying parents are not accepting his wife????

binay (advocate)     29 February 2016

No such law is there. You can go through 498. Consult a local Lawyer

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     29 February 2016

First of all.. bad words are not allowed in this forum..

As you said he wants to have a divorce for his parents.. but he cannot have divorce unless you get ready for the same or he can file a petition..but he needs strong grounds to get it through.

mrs AKkumar (housewife)     29 February 2016

Apologies for using bad words here.. 

He is posted in some other place and What if i want to stay with him but he refuses because he has promised his family that he will stay away from me.. he is bearing my expenses but telling me to stay seperate coz he doesnt want to hurt his parents anymore.

But his family pressurising him for divorce as they want him to marry in their cast asap. I am his legal wife so i am forcing him to keep me with him... every day we are fighting on this..

Please advice..




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register