LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bolo (NA)     14 January 2010

Need Help

How to find the status of a case. I have CRL OP number and FIR number. my lawyer is not telling me the status of the case. please let me know how to get the case status.




 8 Replies

honest buddy (accountant)     14 January 2010

My sister got a physically & mentally harrassment at her husband house, as soon as she left his home, he lodged a case of divorce and we waited for cleared it with mutually but they creae problm for us by spreading false thgs agst us. We were not wanted to lodge case agst them but we did of 498 case bcoz as they were harrassing us & my sister came home without her all streedham & vid out every imp documents, clothes and almost evrythg she got. Divorce case were filed on 2007 & our 498 case filed on 2008. Neither we are getting divorce from them nor we want to get this thg go further. My sister life is getting spoiled with this.  Is there any solution for getting divorce from them by not taking back of this 498 complaint. As the opponent threatning indirect way that they will not give us divorce nor a single stuffs which compltly belong to my sister,. They are belong to very rich family so they had a money to mould the truth & creating a problm for us. Pl help

shamina sayed (Advocate)     14 January 2010


if the boy says that he will not divorce to your sister ,then you can file a petition for divorce or if some case is still pending before the court ,then your sister can always tell to court that she is not willing to continue any further relation ships with her husband.thus her husbands petition shall be dismissed.she can thus get divorce from him.

the 489 a case which your sister filed against the husband and others ,there is no need to compromise. why your sister should compromise?why to save the culprits?let them face the cncequences for their do not can always approach to court for what you need.

with best regards

Advocate shamina sayed


In Chennai, we have Information Centre at the Madras High Court. If you also have the Information Centre at your Court, you may get the information (orally or printed form) and it will tell you the status of your Crl.O.P. Number.

bolo (NA)     14 January 2010

Thanks for the reply. Is there any online site or email id where i can post the status of the case

It is your lawyer's duty to inform / tell your case status from time to time or you can demand your lawyer regarding your case position.You


It is your lawyer's duty to inform / tell your case status from time to time or you can demand your lawyer regarding your case position.You can also get from the court about status of your case.

shamina sayed (Advocate)     16 January 2010

Dear bolo,

whose mail id u need? if u r asking for my id ,then it is,


honest buddy (accountant)     25 January 2010

Thanks alot Shamina for your reply…………

I jst have couple of query……….Firstly, if my sister husband had filed for divorce and my sister is ready to give, but now my sister husband can say no to give divorce?

Then judge have no option but to dismiss this case? or judge can give divorce?

Secondly, if yes the judge will dismiss that case, then only my sister will file for divorce???? After that as per my knowledge the case takes time to come on board at least 1 to 2 yrs & then after hearing of 6 to 9 months my sister will get divorce?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query