LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Keshava   16 August 2015

Need guidance or court direction

I have married in 2009 in hyderabad and my wife told me to get married by stage marriage where no mangalsutra will be tied but only exchange of garlands. But marriage got registered as per Hindu marriage Act. My wife is an atheist but I believe in god. Recently in 2014 we got a female child and my wife objects me to do all rituals like naming ceremony, sathyanarayana swamy pooja to child. She is short temper and supports their parents in all ways like finance, taking care...My inlaws are still staying (from 15months) for the sake of taking care of child but they are not ready to go as though my parents are ready to take care of the child. Due to this my privacy is affected.

So my concern is how to get rid of my inlaws which is spoiling my privacy and relation with my wife?

Can I carry rituals to my child as though my wife objects?what rights I have on my child?

If I stay seperately for 2yrs can I get divorce without any compensation?how the child care will be taken?

Learning

5 Replies

Hariprabha (Nil)     17 August 2015

If your inlaws presense affects your privacy, Won't your parents staying with you affect your wives privacy?? What is wrong with your wife taking care of her parents. Do you not take care of yours?? Discuss with your wife and come to an understanding. Come on .... do you not feel that these are really silly grounds for divorce. Most probably absence of both in-laws will solve a good deal of your problems. You can also come to an understanding on how much each should spend on either parents as you have to start saving for your child's future. You knew she was an atheist before marriage, you married her without tying a mangalsootra. Did you not discuss about your future and kids before marriage? Why are you unnecessarily trying to deprive your child the love of two caring parents? Do you feel given a choice your daughter will choose naming ceremony and swamy Pooja over her mother?? Separating for such silly reasons will only push your daughter away from you in the future.
1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 August 2015

UR problem does not attract the concept of divorce right now.One thing the husband and the wife have to inculcate is that they have to respect each other's sentiments traditions and belief's. It is not mandatory that UR wife should have belief in hindu traditions and rituals.It is left to her.U cannot contradict her or she can do so vice versa. Comming to UR inlaws involvement in UR marital life I don't support it.They have to realise that they are ruining the life of their daughter.Hence proper mediation and counselling  can play a part in repairing the damages.Keep in mind the future of UR daughter before opting for divorce.

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     17 August 2015

Keshava Sir...

As you married your wife, knowing that she is an atheist, you deserve this.

You cannot now complaint about this but learnt to live with her.

As you have a daughter now, you should not think of any divorce or separation.

You should live with your wife for the sake of your daughter.

It is your daughter's birthright to live with both of her parents.

Do not take any legal steps yourselves first.

Keshava   18 August 2015

Thanks for the reply, but can I perform rituals and make my child to grow as per my tradition?

What rights I have on my child?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     18 August 2015

As already said, don't  make  the child suffer for UR theisism and atheistism.We U not aware about her attitude towards god and traditions? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register