LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Need guidance for separation process

I am sarika married from Nov, 2011.It was intercast marriage love cum arranged but that was my biggest mistake, just after one month of marriage my life became hell because of my husband abusive behaviour. Initially he abused me for money he started me harrasing physically and mentally. In tiny things he use bad language for me and my family (mom & dad). I complained same thing to his parents so many times but they never supported me and started commenting also that this is bcos of intercast differences. My parents also came and tried to discussed with my husband but he started shouting on them and asking to send me back with them. My parents also asked me that this your choice  to whom you married now adjust any how for sake of society. What people will say, it will affect your younger brother & sisters life etc...  Any how I have started adjusting abusive married life. I am woking women and he forces me to share expense of house hold, for sake of peace started bearing  expense of grosery, made servant, water, electricity bills,milk, vegetables each household things, he is only paying rent but for that also he started asking half rent when i said i can't then he started threatening to throw me out of house. He always underestimated me for all things that I am not right person for him, i should leave him, he used to drink and he tried to kill me 2-3 times on drunk. This is not the end October 2012  we came to know that I am pregnant and he simply denied to continue this pregnancy bcos financially he is not ready for that, I said ok lets check with doctor for option but on doctor recommendation I said any how I'll continue this pregnancybut he was not happy for that. Time by time situation going worst he never look after me when i complain to him then he started beating me and asked what is proof that he is father of my unborn child. He simply denied to bear expenses of my pregnancy. Day by day his behaviour going worst. When I complain this to his parents then for sake of them for time being he looks after me but suddenly again same things started happening. Now I am running 7 month pregnancy, he stopped talking me he went his home (parents place) without informing me and after that no phone call even his parents also not talking to me. Finally now I have decided to stay separate from hiim. Pls guide me for separation agrrement process.

 5 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     31 March 2013

You can file for divorce on basis of cruelty right now, or you can wait till you are separated from him for one year to file for mutual consent divorce. You can also claim money for maintenance for yourself and the child, and you may also file section 420 for cheating.

ragz hyder (PM)     31 March 2013

In many ways indian law is disgusting. It does justice for none. If what she says is true , there is little redress for her in indian law since she is working.

You can still apply for maintenance for yourself and your son but since you are working it might not be as high as you would expect. Litigation will take 2 years minimim. you have avenues for making him suffer if you wish to take that route.

basavaraj shiromani (Advocate)     31 March 2013

When adjustment is not possible in life, you bearing a working lady, possible to take an independent decision. Go for mutual divorce, Judicial separation. If he is not agree, there are so many ways to treat him better. If you are a peace loving person, allow it to the time by engaging in your own job.


Lol for the sake of peace? Wat do u mean for the sake of peace?


You are working, wat is so wrong to share the expenses?

All your story is no ground for divorce, youboth need matrimonial counselling.

Go for it. In your stupidity dont spoil the child.

basavaraj shiromani (Advocate)     31 March 2013

Mr. Stalker, I appreciate your advise, I am also in your path, but as you well aware that, the person who suffers, know the better choise. 

........Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query