LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shreyaa (Software engineer)     21 March 2011

Need divorce but case dragging :(

I have filed for divorce petition last year May. The respondent tries to drag the case in getting counselling sessions for next hearing..Till date, my case hearing is going on for psychatrist couselling. I have attended 3 normal counselling & 2 psychatrist counselling. Again my case is scheduled for a third psychatrist counselling for June since the respondent has asked for some more time.

A year is about to passby..But still I'm in mental trauma beacuse no improvement in case sadly..

How to speed up the processing? I fear that he may not turn up for the next psychatrist counselling since I heard that he is in process of immigration to singapore.What should I do If he immigrates to another country & dont attend hearings? How will I obtain divorce from him? Pls help

Learning

4 Replies

Harsh (Advocate)     21 March 2011

Hello,
I would be able to assist in your case. 
You can further contact me on harshmparekh@gmail.com
I am a practicing lawyer .
Regards,
Harsh Parekh
Advocate
9971780620 (M)

2 Like

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     22 March 2011

Shreyaa,

You can ask the counsellor to send the case to the court for the divorce proceedings. Moreover, you can go out and immigrate elsewhere, but give the Power of Attorney to your family member or friends/ relatives who can attend you case on your behalf. You can then come when it is absolutely necessary.

1 Like

shreyaa (Software engineer)     24 March 2011

Thanks a lot for your kind replies & advices, Harsh & Hardik.

May I know how long the divorce proceedings will take in court once the counselling sessions are over?

Shreyaa

Abhinaya (Assistant manager)     24 March 2011

Hi Shreyaa,

it all depends on case.each case has its merits.U cannot define timeline.u need to prove ur allegations.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register