LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (Retired)     25 July 2016

Need divorce advice

Dear All,

Need suggestion with regards to divorce for my daughter, My daughter's wedding took place in the year 2013, With a 2months of marrirage we came to know my son-in-law was terminated from job before marrirage itself, Which ever company we refer for interview he goes not go, we gave some money to start business, which was alos misused, one day my daughter got to know that he married her only for money there are eleconic evidence, We even came to know that he was married previously also, He had extracted money from her also and dragged her case in court for 5yrs.

How can we have fater closer of this case.




 4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 July 2016

in that case you can file for divorce on grounds of cruelty as fraud is being committed by hiding his previous marriage and also giving false information regarding his job and still being jobless and extracting money from his wife

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     25 July 2016

File an appropriate divorce petition against ther son in law and also claim maintenace from him,.

You may also approach the local CAW cell and file a criminal complaint u/s 498-A against him.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


Sood   25 July 2016

You can file case 498 a or domestic violence in any court... it would waste your daighters precious life ... go for divorce petition and marry her in good family

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     25 July 2016

If you want some revenge go foe filing DV and maintainence cases, if they come for settlement than go for mutual consent, do not file for divorce at your end.

Warm Regards

Advocate Nitish Banka


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query