LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vincent (Accounts Executive)     25 August 2013

Need divorce

One of my freind applied for divorce on the grounds of cruelty & desertion. He is married on 3.1.2011 .After marriage they stayed togethor only 23 days. Since my freind is living in dubai, he is applied for her passport & returned to dubai. But his wife was in relation with other boy before marriage. so she didnt took interest in getting passport. Soon after marraige after 23 days (when husband left to dubai), she ran away from husband house & stayed in her mother house. But my freind tried to bring her back. She didnt came back. 2 times my freind went from dubai to convince her. But she didnt returned. My friend took help from so many mediaters. But no use. Finally he filed divorce case on the grounds of cruely & desrtion.

In this case can you please advise me what proof he can show for cruelty & desertion ground. Since she went from my freind house, 2 years 5 month back , she tried to spoil my freind name. so we chosen this ground.How much time it will take to get divorce.

Please advise.....

Thanks.......

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 August 2013

1. That is difficult to live together as couples due to certain set of acts of cruelty meted out in the hands of respondent wife. Cruelty definition is very wide and for the same you need to speak your friends 'facts' or ask him to read 'cruelty' interpretation mentioned in various case Laws and see how some of them fits in his 'facts'.

2. That respondent wife has deserted him for continuous period of 2 years before instituting petition for divorce and her intention is to stop performing her duties as wife of his before the society they maintain. Again certain settled 'desertion' interpretation mentioned in various case Laws which he should refer to and see how one of them fits in his 'facts'.

3. Time taken to receive 'decree' in a divorce proceeding is quite variable and is never time based in practice and dependent on objective as well as subjective process flow related to all concerned parties action and reaction based. A contested divorce minimum takes good 3-5 years to settle the dust.

Vincent (Accounts Executive)     26 August 2013

I wanted to know, since my friends wife is in relation with other boy. Whether my freind can take out call history as a proof. That she is in contineously sending massages & calling her boy friend. I wanted to know, still she is working & they dont have children. If is applying for componsation, my freind should give her componsation? Again her parents are not stable minded people. They will contest at the begining & if they are absent for the court subsequent period. Then how this case will solve. Please advise.....

Thanks for your support & advise..........

many thanks............

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register