LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Charan Kedar.C. (Advocate)     03 August 2009

Need Details On Law practicing

Currently i am pursuing LLB and i want to know whether a B E graduate can study LLB even if he studies also whether he can enroll in bar council for practicing. I heard that if any body already is in one professional course he is not entitled to perform other profession and there an amendment passed by the courts on this. Any body can help me out with the details whether he is eligible to enroll in bar council or not

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

A BE graduate can study LLB. However a person practicing one profession cannot practice another profession.  Even a person in employment cannot practice a profession. Therefore if you want to practice law, you have to practice law only and no other profession.  However the same does not mean that you cannot study law.

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     03 August 2009

Ditto

(Guest)
NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE MOBILE.09325226691, 09271971251 e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com REGARDING LAW STUDIES KINDLY NOTE THAT 1.ANY GRADUATE CAN JOIN LL.B.DEGREE COURSE. 2.ONCE YOU PASS LL.B.DEGREE COURSE .YOU HAVE TO REGISTER WITH BAR COUNCIL OF THE RESPECTIVE STATE WHERE YOU WANT TO PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO FILL UP FORM FOR MEMBERSHIP WITH REQUISIT REGISTRATION AND OTHER FEES.THEN YOU WILL BE ALLOTED A REGISTRATION NUMBER .THEN YOU CAN PRACTICE AS AN ADVOCATE . 3.KINDLY NOTE THAT THE REGISTRATION FORM EXPLAINS ABOUT ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS FOR PRACTICING AS ADVOCATE. 4.IN CASE YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION KINDLY SEND DETAILS . THANKING YOU YOURS SINCERELY NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE.

Adv. Prashant Mali [MSc(CS),LL (CyberLaw IPR Consumer software piracy hacking data theft EOW financial crimes trade mark copyright IPR)     11 August 2009

Yes , after ny degree course you can enroll for 3 years, Degree program of LLB only in a college which is recognised by Bar Council.

1. After that you can apply for SANAD from Bar Council for practising in courts

What you can do along with practising

a> You can manage your HUF business if declare on day one

b> You can be independent Director on an Limited Firm

c>You can teach Law part time

d> you can do farming if you already doing so in your name

Prashant Mali [BSc[Phy],MSC[Comp Sci],LLB]

byfordconsulting@gmail.com

Daksh (Student)     29 July 2010

Dear Mr.Prashant Mali,

Could you please clarify the literal meaning of the word "Sanad" is it a Hindi or Marathi word. 

Thanking You in advance

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register