Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditya (CEO)     10 February 2010

Need Defamation Act advice, Please help Lawyers!

Hello lawyers club ,

I wanted to know some thing about defamation act so i need a legal advice or expert opinions about the following scenario.

Iam Aditya Makhija and i have a established online business, We offer electronic products by which our customers buys online what they are looking for.But sometimes a product can have fault due to its nature ,so in this case we had a buyer which encountered a fault in the device, By email follow up we offered replacement of the product as we offer warranty on all items ,but the buyer was reluctant and requested for money back. So we accepted the faulty product and since he was not satisfied we refunded all the money, but very next day he mailed us stating that you people are scammers and doing fraud ,and he filed a complaint with IC3 (Internet crime complaint center) for no good reason.

Also he made vulgar comments on our customer care stating that he is lawyer and he came in this business just to f**k people lives.(but he is not , just a law student of indian nationality studying in UK)

So i wanted to ask you guys how should we pursue to this matter , the buyer is in UK and iam in india.Is there anything which i can do because this was a sheer attempt to defame the company reputation.

Anyone can help me in this matter would be big favour!

Thanks in advance!
Aditya Makhija

Learning

3 Replies

Ram K (Manager)     10 February 2010

I hope you can sue him or claim damage

1. you are accepted the fault and ready to replace - it is good customer relation

2. Due to the force of the customer you are repaid the amount for maintain good relationship- how you have refunded either by Pounds or Rupees

3. on reciept of the money the customer does not have any rights to defame the reputation of the company.

4. you can contact local council for remedy -on production of the evidence, how you have defamed

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 February 2010

Keep all the records of the transaction, emails, receipts for payments accepted and returned. Draft a petition to the Cyber Crime Branch of the police, enclose copies of documents, including threatening and obnoxious emails. 

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     10 April 2012

Yes u may file civil  suit as well ascriminal complaint for defamation. A very good case .

U may contact if u wish 

Adv. Sandeep Naik

(99670 56980)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register