LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Guru Murthy (A M)     24 October 2010

Need Counter petetion for Divorce Suit

Hello LCI,


Please provide me a draft copy(sample format)  to give a counter for divorce filed by my wife.

i would like to file the same as party in person (petetioner)  and what is the time limit to file counter my case

was recently in which 2 hearings were over, I already missed out one hearing from the district court. 


urgent reply appreciated 


Thanking you all



 6 Replies


he he he.good very good .

u want to fight it or just  for sake of formality.

if formality reply just write denied in front of her allegations.

valentine (Advocate)     24 October 2010

Counter reply depends upon the main application given. It is a kind of a rebuttal to whatever stated in the main application, in your case, by your wife. Unless the main application is read, no one can prepare format for the counter reply. As such there is no format. You have to deny each and every point raised in the petition and that becomes your counter attack or reply. You may add your own facts and lastly narrate how the things really stand.

1 Like

B Guru Murthy (A M)     24 October 2010

First of all thansk to sony & valentine


Sony, its not for formality i already filed my RCR in the city where reside as party in person(petetioner)

I thought that RCR would do, but later i came to know that counter is must.


My Ques'n to all.

  1. Is there any time limit to file  counter?
  2. Should I file the counter where my filed the divorce suit or can i file in the city where i reside? If so shoudl i file before transfer of the case or after transfer of the case

 Now  pls answer to my question

Thanks & Rgds



counter should be filed on earliest possible date , next date of hearing or if u want time give a valid reason to file the same to buy time to prepare counter. counter shud be gud as whole case depends on it.

in the same court where ur wife filed divorce, make jurisdiction an issue if u plan to apply / alredy applied for tranfer

deny each point and add ur stand keeping in view evidence which u can produce later.


u can also inform that court that u will file transfer / merger of cases  of rcr and divorce. apply to higher court to merge two cases then u can file in ur city also

B Guru Murthy (A M)     25 October 2010

thank  you  to sony

and one and all



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query