LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar Jha (Advisor)     05 October 2016

Need copy/link of judgement

Kindly help me find the text of the following case decided by National Consumer Forum at New Delhi.

Any weblink/website having detailed order may also serve the purpose.

Case Details : New India Assurance Co. Ltd. Vs. Ramesh Rao Bhounsle
Citation :- National Commission reported in III (2010) (PJ 445 CNC)

Regards,
Tushar.

Learning

4 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     05 October 2016

Ld. Advocates for both the sides have produced judgments on which they relied upon. We have gone through them carefully. The recent judgment of Honble National Commission reported in III (2010) (PJ 445 CNC) New India Assurance Co. Ltd. Vs. Ramesh Rao Bhounsle, wherein the National Commission has relied on Dharmendra Goel Vs. Oriental Insurance Co.(2008) 8 SCC 279. Here, we have similar point in issue and same stands concluded by a judgment of Honble The Supreme Court of India in Dharmendra Goel Vs. Oriental Insurance Company in which it has been held that Insurance Company after having accepted the value of particular insured good, disown that very figure on one pretext or other when they are called to pay compensation. This take it or leave it attitude is unwarranted being bad in law and ethically indefensible. 

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/93642108/

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 156 times
  • Tushar Jha (Advisor)     05 October 2016

@ Sachin : Thanks for your reply.

But I need judgement of New India Assurance Co. Ltd. Vs. Ramesh Rao Bhounsle.
    You just cited a judgment which makes reference to the above and not the actual judgment.

Kindly help me find the exact text of the Judgment.

Hope it helps :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register