LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinod (SSE)     10 July 2023

Need clarification

My dad purchased a property in 2009 and it got registered as well. When We had taken EC my dad name is visible.  In 2016 when my dad tried to apply for Passbook, they said this survey number belongs to WAQF board.... when we deep dive into it we got the info saying this property was showing as inam land in 1919 record ( Master of survey records) ... But when the later surveys happend on 1956 (survey commission report) and 1963 (gazette survey) it was not showing as Inam land and there onwards the property was transferred to many other people (documents were clear) .... 

Below are my questions. 

1) what is the process for enrolling it online and getting a passbook for the property ? 

2) how come in survey which were happened in 1956 and 1963 doesn't show that land as inam land and which one should we consider ?

3) How come so many registrations were happened and govt doesn't know that is inam land ?

4) it's more than 100 years ...is that document is valid 1919  master of records ? 

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 July 2023

1.  The property was purchased in the year 2009, your father took EC only in the year 2016 and now in the year 2023 you want to apply for pattadar passbook?, that too online.

You may visit the local revenue department with an applcation requesting allotment of pattadar passbook, you will be instructed about the procedures to be followed in this regard.

2. You apply for patta to your landed property, you will come to know all the details?

Did your father buy the property by a registerd sale deed?

If yes, did not demand the patta for this land from the vendor?

The vendor should have the patta along with the mother deed while selling the proeprty and should have handed over to your father, hence that would be an evidence to prove that this property do not belong to inam land or anything.

For the questions 3 and 4 the above answer in the point 2 suits 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     11 July 2023

Visit concerned office or seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer.

The facts posted do not involve any legal dispute for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform wherein learned respondents on this site are scattered world-wide.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2023

Inams and such alenated tenures have long been abolished and such lands are of ryotwari/occupancy tenure. The Revenue Authorities cannot deny the pattedar pass book on flimsy grounds. Even otherwise, in my understanding, revenue records are not absolute as to the title to the property.

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     11 July 2023

Where do you live?

Thank you.

vinod (SSE)     11 July 2023

We live in Andhra Pradesh...

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     11 July 2023

Well, since you are located in a different state from my practising place, I cannot help you more .Therefore, contact a local practising advocate. Your application shall lie before "Mandal officer".

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register