LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Peter mary (DV Victim)     13 August 2010

Need an injunction to protect abandonded senior citizens

We run a social welfare organisation in Chennai with a registered Trust. One of its activities is to provide residential care to abandonded senior citizens. During April'10, as an expansion activity, we rented a separate house and shifted all female senior citizens (15 in number). A rental agreement was made between the owner (who is also a female senior citizen) and us for 11 months which includes a clause that 3 months prior notice should be given from both sides for ending the agreement. We had been paying the agreed rent without default and the owner lady was also kind enough to bear the electricty, water and cable TV expenses of our old age home. The problem is the owner's daughter in law had filed a Domestic Violence case and the judge had ordered residential rights in the rented house (it being her matrimonial home earlier). The owner lady is staying with her daughter and her son is staying in a bachelors room only since April. The Judge had ordered the owner lady and her son to make arrangements for the daughter in law to stay in the rented portion. Now the owner's son is asking us to vacate showing the court order. It will be very diffcult for us to find another home for those 15 abandonded elder women within a short notice of 30 days. What should we do to obtain an injuction from the owners not to disturb our possession in the rented house?

Please provide some cost effective solution as we run our business largely through charity.

Learning

3 Replies

tortured_aathma (none)     16 August 2010

Mr. kumar that proves true nature/character of today's DIL

but i have one question how that woman i mean DIL can claim residential rights in property of MIL if husband is not staying there?

Peter mary (DV Victim)     16 August 2010

Sorry... I am not sure about that. They were residing in that house initially it seems.

Peter mary (DV Victim)     17 August 2010

Friends,

Kindly advice me on how do i obtain an injuction from the owners not to disturb our possession in the rented house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register