Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous1 (fjslfj;)     13 September 2010

Need advise Please

Dear Experts,

There were few fire accidents at my home few months back. The reason for the fire accidents were unknown. We informed the police and the fire department about the accident. They too searched for the reason and were unable to find one. After this incident my wife left our house and hasnt come back till now.

We tried convincing her to get back home but she is very adamant that she wouldnt return back unless we change the house. This is the first accident that has happened in our house since it was purchased 30 yrs ago.So many good things in our lives have happened in this house only. Also, we all are in an joint family and i dont like to go nuclear (this was made very clear at the time of marriage). There hasnt been any other fire accidents since she left the house also.

Whenever we have sessions with their family for reconciliation, they aren't very supportive. They only speak about petty things that are extremely imaginary. (eg: I gifted a dog doll for her birthday. she happily accepted the gift at that time but now she says i persented her a dog because i expect her to wag the tail and come around me) Last time we had invited them for reconciliation and they started shouting up and down. Their parents almost removed her Mangal Sutra. My uncle interferred and told them that such things shouldnt happen in our house. Her mother also said she will find a better groom for her and get her remarried.

Now we are fearing if they give a false complaint in police about harrasement. pls advise.

Learning

6 Replies

My concern is If i dont move out of the house (as required by my wife) does it amount to cruelty? and will i be held guilty?

(Guest)

No. If you do not move out of the house, it will not amount to any kind of cruelity. Nobody (police / courts etc.) in this world can force you to leave your parents. If you leave your joint family then it will be for your own family life i.e. your wife and your kids. If you want to save your marital life then move to another location. Otherwise that stupid wife will file cases on you and your family and all of you will be in trouble. She will destroy her own marital life by using her power given to her by the givt. of India.

Decision is yours!

hi Cool,

Thanks. what powers have the Govt of India provided for such cirumstances? i definitely dont want to move out of joint family.

(Guest)

There is NCW - National Comission for WIVES. You have got absolutely NO powers but your wife has got everything to file 498A, DV etc etc. Once you take a stand and convey your message to your inlaws that you dont want to leave your family then immediately they will file a complaint u/s 498A and will mention your family members also in that complaint. You will then have to take anticipatory bails.

Anyways, it's a long journey. I would advise you to please start gathering the proofs, if you feel that they can file dowry related cases on you. This is for your defence in worst circumstances created by your wife.

This has become a trend in the society when hsuband doesn't bow to the unreasonable demands of his wife then he is made a criminal.

PS: I am facing lots of cases just because she was not adjusting, greedy and wanted me to leave my old and ailing parents. She wanted my father to transfer atleast one property in her name.  Even the police in women cell told her that he is the only son but she didn't listen to anybody and the result - I was MADE a criminal and facing a number of cases and fighting all of them.

All the best!

Kiran (Consultant)     13 September 2010

I totally agree with Mr Cool. Try collecting as many proofs as possible like voice records during reconcilaition sessions etc and be prepared for the worst.

From your brief it is clear that they are doing intentionally and thier motive is to harass you and extort money. For your wife family life is not a priority. So consider all these and take a decision

All the best!

(Guest)

Anonymous:

Educate yourself on matrimonial laws. Go and attend SIF meetings at the following venue:

Venue: Thiruvika Park,
Shenoy Nagar,
Land Mark - Very close to Sai Baba Temple.

Meets every Saturday, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm

Contacts: Sureshram 9941012958
Amarnath 9840587653
Girish 9381026333
Anuj 9840443555

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register