Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     08 April 2011

Need Advise on Criminal Record Check procedure

Hi

I have recently come from australia and consulting indian cases however i have come up with critical situation. I need criminal, civil cases detail of X person who has criminal record already in gujarat and may be other state.

I have some of the case file and application related to that person however i was wondering if there is a way i could check the criminal and civil cases of this X person at place?

someone advised me to visit all the police station in the city where X lives but that is too complicated. Agency help is something that does not convince me.

I would greately appreciate your help in this matter and consider certain advise as lesson to work effectively in my profession.

thanks

karnav s shah

Criminologist

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 April 2011

In the court records you can verify it, but it requires year i.e., in which year , so it can be easily avilable.

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     08 April 2011

if i want to get data from year 1994 to 2011 for X person living In ahmedabad within the jurisdiction of gujarat what is simple and easy process?

ritu (na)     09 April 2011

if u want record regarding a case u must knw the case no  if case is decided then the last date on wch it was decidd n u cn evn apply for certified copies

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     09 April 2011

hi ritu thanks for recommendation.

I am reasoning over the point that when someone initiate investigation over some person on the basis of suspecion whereas investigator may have few case information however if he wish to get full detail of criminal record for the actual criminal activity X person have commit regardless of his case that may be pending or disposed. how would they do it?

if there is no single location to get the full detail then it seems to me that i have to visit every police station i believe where FIR or any case matter might have been lodge for the X person. As there is a provision in Police Manual as a part of their duty and I have application for it but if i visit each police station, i wish to know what if they dont cooperate?

looking forward for your input.

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     12 April 2011

alright i worked it out, since there is no other information on the subject the effective remedy is that under the RTI ACT when someone apply to SP/Dysp/CP PIO for the requesting of such information, complete detail may furnished by the department.

I think There are multiple ways to utilise RTI for good purpose

And yes, Under the RTI it takes 30 days around but I was able to receive full detail in 2 days as I visit the office in person paying applicable nominal fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register