LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     04 August 2022

Need advice on handling anti-social neighbours

Some apparently low-class people (apparently from Bihar) are indulging in anti-social activities, including excessive shouting and even throwing stones at my house.

Are there laws that prohibit anti-social behaviours?

Are children (or anyone for that matter) allowed to make noise and play on any open space outside their homes?

Can the police help in such matters or do I have to file a case against the tenants and the landlord?

A more detailed descripttion is given in the next post.

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Swadha   12 August 2022

Are there laws that prohibit anti-social behaviours?
The Civil Injunction power was introduced in March 2015 and replaced anti-social behaviour injunctions (ASBIs) and anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs).

Are children (or anyone for that matter) allowed to make noise and play on any open space outside their homes?
yes, they can play.

Can the police help in such matters or do I have to file a case against the tenants and the landlord?
no need to go to the police station. Filling a case against the tenants or the landlord will be the further procedure, you may do a settlement with them by talking to each other.

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     12 August 2022

Thank you for your response.

Would playing any games that can cause damage to my house be considered an offence?

Would stone-throwing at my house be considered an offence?

Would creation of noise by shouting and screaming just outside by house be considered an offence?

Would climbing over the boundary wall of my house be considered an offence?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register