LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan (Not Applicable)     20 October 2012

Need advice


I have a land, registered on mine father name, but since from the time it was registered years back, it was with mine Uncle (keeping with him for years). We don't have any photocopy of it even. Now, even asking for the papers  every time he come up with a story that I had put it on the locker, but in short it is still with him. We want the things to be sorted out ASAP, but everytime the same trouble. Even, sometimes uncle says I can pay the money to you of the land, but in that will take the share as per according to with the original value i.e. say for example, if the land now worth INR 15 Lakhs, then he will take share from that too. Now, please advice what to do.

We want to make this land chapter close soon.


 4 Replies

Bharat (Engineer)     20 October 2012

If you do not want to fight, go for amicable settlement by paying some amount to your uncle.

Otherwise, I believe is you have to follow this procedure:

1. you give a police complaint saying the original is lost

2. news paper advertisement saying the sale deed copy is missing

3. visit the sub-registrar office of that place, get the certified sale deed copy of the land.. that's it... now you have the papers with you.

If any senior member has any additional suggestions, pls advice.

Karan (Not Applicable)     20 October 2012

Hello Sir,

But do giving the police complaint, don't the police people will aks for photocopy or some kind of proof that says the land is ours?

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     21 October 2012

Get a search done with the sub registrar office, you have to engage a search clerk, you won't be able to do it, get the certified copy and also index 2, then ask for possession if they do nt give police complaint then court.



K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     21 October 2012

1) Lodge a police complaint that the said Deed is misplaced & release an advertisement in local news paper.

2) Apply for a certified copy of the same  to solve  your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query